a PSSD Interview with James from the USA

*PSSD (Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction) is irreversible sexual disfigurement caused by psychiatric drugs. Genital numbness and loss of arousal; or sexual dysfunction.

The same drugs are used to chemically castrate sex offenders. But they are also given to children... by 'mental health'...



This is a PSSD interview with James aged 21 from USA, New York.

This is a transcripted interview.

Daryl: In your own words what is PSSD?

James: I would describe PSSD as the persistent damage caused by the previous exposure to SSRI drugs. This damage seems to have a huge impact on the parts of the brain that modulate sexual function, as well as pleasure, emotions and mental function.

Daryl: How did you come into contact with the doctor that prescribed the spoken antidepressant?

James: I had seen many doctors before. All of them had prescribed some kind of SSRI-benzo combo but I was too reluctant to try that. I met the doctor who prescribed the spoken antidepressant through a family friend. I was supposed to finally trust a "professional" and get the "proper treatment" I needed.

Daryl: How old were you?

James: I was 17 years old.

Daryl: Did the doctor prescribing this controlled drug explain to you the high likelihood of it causing Sexual Dysfunction?

James: No, in fact, although me and my family requested that I was prescribed something very "mild" because of my age, we were told that this drug was the mildest thing available and could only cause dry mouth at the worst.

Daryl: Did the doctor tell you they use the same drug to chemically castrate sex offenders?

James: Of course not.

Daryl: Did this doctor inform you that the Sexual Dysfunction alteration to your body may be permanent?

James: No, she hadn't even warned me of temporary sexual side effects.

Daryl: Did the leaflet small print mention irreversible sexual dysfunction?

James: No, it did not. Although it did mention sexual dysfunction as a side effect while taking it.

Daryl: When did you notice your genitals start to go numb?

James: 3 hours after i took the first dose.

Daryl: How scary was this experience?

James: Scary enough to make me call the doctor and wanting to stop taking the drug right away.

Daryl: At what point did you understand that your sexual function is not coming back?

James: Few weeks after I ceased the treatment and still had huge PSSD symptoms.

Daryl: What did your doctors say about this?

James: Neither the doctor who prescribed it to me, nor others that I visited accepted this. I was also told that I was psychotic by the first doctor and she tried to persuade my parents to have me hospitalized.

Daryl: Did any psychologist, counsellor, mental health worker or doctor or psychiatrist ever report this severe life altering adverse effect to any adverse effect report agency?

James: No. Although i have found 2 doctors who accept it, none of the has reported it to an agency as far as I know.

Daryl: How long were you on them for?

James: Only for 9 days.

Daryl: How did this affect your life at the time?

James: Very profoundly. I never had a sexual experience before, and it was right at the time when I first met my first girlfriend and started getting intimate with a female for the first time. Really ironic and soul raping experience.

Daryl: How has this affected your life?

James: Profoundly. Still to this day. I have lost huge amount of self worth. I have lost my motive to live and succeed in general. I'm mostly lost and don't feel like my self. It has made me a tough, mean, antisocial person and it as affected relationships with everyone and not just sexual relationships. I have only had relief from PSSD for a brief period of time. And still I'm one of the very lucky ones. During that time my quality of life was dramatically improved. However, unfortunately those improvements were not consistent, as PSSD is a very strange and persistent syndrome.

Daryl: Did you experience a drug withdrawal from the antidepressant?

James: Yep. But it lasted only for 2 days. It included insomnia, agitation and brain zaps.

Daryl: Have you received any compensation for being chemically castrated?

James: I cannot point out how important this question is. What I am being told when I express my suicidal ideation because of PSSD, is that there people out there who have it worse than me. I have huge respect for those people. However, when I see those people I see their families and loved ones forming a support network to make them feel good about themselves and help them adjust back to society. They have also some kind of government financial help, and centers or places where the get in touch with each other and having people help them to accept the situation and overcome the grief.

For PSSD sufferers, nothing of the above is valid. You are a handicapped person who has equal responsibilities with everyone else but you are deprived of the fundamental right to make love and feel intimate with others.

Daryl: What kind of alteration to your life has this brought to you? If you had to put a number from 0 to 10, 10 being the most something can.

James: I would put a 9 for the sake of being able to walk and take care of myself.

But I feel completely devastated and it is pretty certain that my life progress would be completely different had I stayed away from these drugs in the summer of '13.

When I had period of relief, it still affected my life to a point, due to the huge psychological trauma and PTSD I had from when I first developed it. I will never be exactly the same person I was before all this, even if the problem goes away completely, hopefully.

Daryl: I would describe the effect since (PSSD) as like it feels like a dead piece of meat now hanging down between my legs instead of a (living breathing) sexual organ like it did before. Does it feel the same way for you?

James: Except from the time I was feeling better, I would describe it exactly the same way you did.

Daryl: Do you think this psychopathically cruelty drug dealing is more cruel or helpful?

James: I think, after all I have stated, the answer is obvious: Its cruelty and inhumanity at its best.

Daryl: Is there something that you really think people should know?

James: For people who have not been affected, I would like them to know that doctors are not the people they think they are, especially psychiatrists.

I would strongly advise them to use the power of the most valuable tool of our era (internet) before trusting any doctor's recommendation for treatment.

Doctor's may be supposed to know more, but no one cares more about your health than your own self.

Don't let yourself find that out the hard way! Inform yourself and don't trust any "professional" blindly!

The video version of the transcripted interview on
 The Everyday PsychVictims Project 

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular posts from this blog

Young man leaves a PSSD suicide note

Sterilising The Mentally Ill: Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD)

(PSSD) Woke Up With Numb Genitals From Forced Hospitalization